Today's the day you've all been waiting for (or maybe, for some of you, dreading): The launch of the newest version of Photoshop and its whole Creative Suite.
- This afternoon I, and some of my fellow RIGs (that's Relatively Important Geeks), will be attending the big CS3 Launch Event in downtown NYC. Interested parties can tune in to the webcast. Scott Kelby is even more excited than me.
- For help answering one of the most confusing questions about CS3 (Which do you need?), check out Adobe's Creative Suite page, and click on the Product Selector. Mind you their Product Selector will not tell you that the software you currently have is fine.
- How much will the "Master Collection" run you? Yep, $2,499!
- Wondering if now's the time to buy stock in Adobe? According to John Loiacono, Adobe's senior vice president of creative solutions, this launch is "kind of like the Super Bowl."
- The Stacks feature is one of the coolest things about the new Photoshop Extended. But will that make it worth the price for the average photographer? Maybe so.
- Every single CS3 press release, for your perusal.
- On Adobe's site: Photoshop CS3 and CS3 Extended, compared.
- USA Today on the big release. Several credible and intelligent sources are quoted.
- Update: John Nack's super-detailed and linked list to the differences between Photoshop CS3 and the Extended Version.